- A taxonomic subclass in the class Anthozoa — sedentary colonial cnidarians.
- the requests of Anthozoa. It includes the Alcyonacea, Pennatulacea, and Gorgonacea.
- An order of actinozoan corals, or, as some hold, a subclass of coralligenous Actinozoa, distinguished within use from Zoantharia, others subclass of Actinozoa (which contains the sea-anemones, etc.), with pinnately fringed in the place of quick tentacles, organized all over lips like rays of a starfish, whence the alternative title Asteroida.
- A subclass of Anthozoa, containing the instructions Stolonifera, Alcyonacea, Pseudaxonia, Axifera, Stelechotokea, and Cœnothecalia.
- corals and sea anemones having eight branches
Hypernym for "Alcyonaria"
- animal order
- View More