- A large category of languages spoken in north Africa and southwest Asia, comprising the Semitic, Chadic, Cushitic, Berber, Omotic, and old Egyptian languages; formerly known as Hamito-Semitic.
- a large category of related languages spoken in both Asia and Africa
- a sizable group of related languages talked both in Asia and Africa
- Of, with respect to, or being a language household spoken in north Africa and southwest Asia, and including Semitic, Egyptian, Berber, Omotic, Cushitic, and Chadic languages.
Sentence for "Afro-Asiatic"
- Glen: No, I meant "Afro-Asiatic" as…
Hyponym for "Afro-Asiatic"
Hypernym for "Afro-Asiatic"