- A rod-shaped molding decorated with an entwined snake, and quite often makes, vines, and/or scrolls.
- A rod with one serpent twined around it, since used by Aaron (differing from caduceus of Mercury, which has two serpents).
- In architecture, an ornament consisting of a straight rod from which pointed leaves sprout on either side.
- a well known title of several flowers with high flowering stems, because the goldenrod, the hag-taper, etc.
- tall-stalked extremely woolly mullein with densely packed yellow blossoms; ancient Greeks and Romans dipped the stalks in tallow for funeral torches
- A rod with one serpent twined around it, thus varying from caduceus of Mercury, that has two.
- A plant with a tall flowering stem; esp. the great mullein, or hag-taper, and the golden-rod.
- Definition for "Aaron's rod"
- A rod-shaped molding decorated with an entwined snake,…
- View More
- Hypernym for "Aaron's rod"
- Cross Reference for "Aaron's rod"