- In a specified course over time or area: downward.
- towards a specified place or position: skyward.
- developing or operating out of a specified way: leftward.
- Having a direction toward a specified place or place: landward.
- Forming adverbs denoting course or direction to, or motion or inclination toward, as in "backward", "toward", "forward", etc.
- Forming adjectives, like in "a backward look", "the northward roadway", etc; utilized even by speakers which usually make use of -wards for adverbs.
- Suffixes denoting training course or path to; motion or propensity toward; like in backward, or backwards; toward, or in direction of, etc.
Definition for "-ward"
- In a specified course over time or area:…
Equivalent for "-ward"