- Of, concerning, or characterized by: advisory.
- A place or thing utilized for or related to: crematory.
- An adjective suffix concept of or with respect to, offering for; such as auditory, pertaining to or providing for reading; prohibitory, amendatory, etc.
- A noun suffix denoting that which pertains to, or serves for; as in ambulatory, that which acts for walking; consistory, factory, etc.
- Bearing or containing ore: since, ory issues. Also spelled orey.
- A termination of adjectives and nouns of Latin source, as in auditory, preparatory, etc.
Synonym for "-ory"
Same Context for "-ory"