- To cause become or even to be: dramatize.
- To cause to comply with or resemble: Hellenize.
- to take care of because: idolize.
- To treat or influence with: anesthetize.
- To susceptible to: tyrannize.
- To treat according to or practice the strategy of: pasteurize.
- In order to become; become want: materialize.
- to execute, participate in, or produce: botanize.
- always form verbs from nouns or adjectives, the verbs getting the feeling of "which will make what is denoted by the noun/adjective".
- A verb suffix signifying to help make, to-do, to train.
- A suffix of Greek source, developing, from nouns or adjectives, verbs indicating to-be or do the thing denoted because of the noun or adjective.
Sentence for "-ize"
- And although Sarah Churchwell's assertion (A…
Same Context for "-ize"