- the one that does a specified action: lobbyist.
- One that creates, tends to make, operates, plays, or perhaps is related to a specified thing: novelist.
- an expert in a specified art, research, or skill: biologist.
- An adherent or recommend of a specified doctrine, principle, or doctrine: anarchist.
- One that is described as a specified trait or high quality: romanticist.
- put into words to form nouns denoting:
- A noun suffix denoting an agent, or doer, one who techniques, a believer in
Sentence for "-ist"
Cross Reference for "-ist"