- Variant of -ize.
- Used to develop verbs from nouns or adjectives, the verbs having the sense of “to make what's denoted by the noun or adjective”.
- Forming abstract nouns of high quality or purpose.
- An obsolete form of ice.
- A vulgar colloquialism in Scotland and north section of England for I shall.
- A vulgar contraction for we is, as utilized for i will be, by negroes among others within the southern US.
- A termination of French source, such as product: in addition spelled -ice, such as cowardice, and formerly -ize, as in hazardize, etc.
- A termination of some verbs of French beginning, equal to as well as the exact same origin as -ish, like in promote, divertise, franchise, enfranchise, etc. It merges with -ise, equal to -ize.
- A termination of verbs, even more usually spelled -ize (which see).
Form for "-ise"
Same Context for "-ise"
Variant for "-ise"