- simple chemical substance, especially:
- Neutral carb: inulin.
- Protein or protein derivative: albumin.
- Lipid or lipid derivative: lecithin.
- Enzyme: pancreatin.
- Glycoside: chitin.
- A pharmaceutical: rifampin.
- An antibiotic: penicillin.
- Antigen: tuberculin.
- Variant of -ine2.
- Alternative form of -ing.
- applied, as an adjustment of -ine, to make the brands of a number of kinds of ingredient; these include proteins (globulin), carbs (dextrin), dyes (alizarin) and others (vanillin).
- Used to form the present participles of verbs.
- always form verbal nouns from verbs.
- A suffix. Understand Note under -ine.
Sentence for "-in"
- While teachers are obliged to stop…
Same Context for "-in"
Variant for "-in"