- in the way of; resembling: Lincolnesque.
- within the design or manner of; appended to nouns, specifically correct nouns, and creating adjectives.
- Resembling; appended to nouns, specifically proper nouns, and developing adjectives.
- A suffix of specific terms from the French, Italian, and Spanish. It denotes way or style; like.
- a termination in adjectives of French or other Romance origin, indicating ‘having the design or method of,’ as in grotcsque, picturesq ue, arabesque, Moresque, Dantesque, etc.
Sentence for "-esque"
- The good professor's recent "there's no…
Synonym for "-esque"
Form for "-esque"
Same Context for "-esque"