- A public storehouse.
- materials released to troops on march
- In Russia, a prison or stockade for the confinement of prisoners in transit.
- A public store-house for items; a staple-town.
- An allowance of arrangements and forage for troops during the time of their particular march through a country to or from winter quarters.
- In Russia, a prison-like building with a stockaded yard, always confine and shelter through the night events of exiles continuing under shield from one place to another.