Definition for "*"
Sentence for "*"
Synonym for "*"
Verb Forms for "*"
Cross Reference for "*"
Equivalent for "*"
Etymologically Related for "*"
Same Context for "*"
- The icon for sal ammoniac.
- A star.
- Used at the start of a footnote, particularly when it's the one regarding web page, and after a word, phrase, or phrase that this footnote relates to.
- Used in sets around a word or term to point focus; especially, used in plain-text contexts to simulate italics or boldface.
- Used before a term to denote that it is just hypothesized and never in fact attested, conveying two distinct notions:
- applied before a term (term, or a sentence or expression) to show that it is grammatically wrong, or in various other means ill-formed.
- applied before or after a word to demonstrate a correction happens to be made; the error being made by the person spelling the said term wrongly.
- Used in numerous processing contexts as a multiplication expression.
- Indicates a field of a questionnaire which should be completed obligatorily.
- Marks a score or statistic that is incomplete; as an example the score of a batsman who is (or was) not-out.
- applied as a wildcard to denote zero or even more figures.
- familiar with denote the Kleene star procedure, indicating zero or maybe more repetitions of a subpattern.
- Replacing the sounding /-ɑː(r)/ (star) on any word that has this pronunciation or similar.